Here at Tucson Pathology, we are always searching for talented, dedicated, and ambitious individuals who are eager to be part of our motivated team and contribute to our goals and achievements. To apply for a position at our company please fill out the application below, attach a resume and submit.
Histology Technician ll, Full Time
Histology Technician II
Prepares histologic slides from human tissue sections for microscopic examination and
diagnosis by Pathologist.
• Accessioning of tissue specimens
• Assisting Pathologist Assistants/Techs
• Processing and embedding tissue specimens
• Microtomy and staining tissue sections
• Evaluating and recommending adjustments for processes and procedures as part of quality
• Maintaining equipment in accordance with defined policies and protocols, and logging
preventive and remedial maintenance of equipment. .
• Preparing solutions and stains following standard laboratory formulas and procedures
• Complies with all laboratory policies and procedures, OSHA, CLIA and CAP regulations
• Following all OSHA and lab safety guidelines and maintains a safe and clean environment
by the daily cleaning of work areas, cleaning up spills and all other duties necessary to
sustain an appropriate work area
• Participating in the preparation for periodic CAP surveys
• General lab organization.
Associate’s degree from an accredited Histotechnology Certification program with 3 years of laboratory that includes some experience with histology. HT (ASCP) certification eligible.
May consider high school diploma with 5 years of histology, or related experience.
Medium-generally not lifting more than 50 lbs. maximum with frequent and / or carrying of
object weighing up to 25 lbs.
1. Microtomy: Cutting of all blocks Biopsies, Cell Blocks, Skin’s and all other tissue.
2. Knowledge Staining H & E and all Special stain.
3. Making of slide for IHC and Special stain.
4. Ability to cut a Frozen Section.
5. Knowledge of Tissue Processor
6. Knowledge of Embedding Center
7. Knowledge of Cryostat
8. Knowledge of Ultra and Special Stanier
9. Knowledge of the IScan Coreo/SLIS
10. Prepare equipment and reagents for processing, embedding, microtome cutting
and mounting of tissue; perform routine and special staining techniques
11. Label and record slides of specimens received; provide specimens for
microscopic examination and diagnosis by the pathologist.
12. Knowledge of HER2 Dual ISH
13. Knowledge of ordering and inventory.
14. Send outs
15. Preparation of bulk reagents.
16. Cutting of controls block as needed.
17. Assist with Gross as need.
18. To do what is asked of you at any time to make the lab run as smooth possible or
to get the job done.
19. Patient care and quality are always first.
20. To be courteous at all times.