Here at Tucson Pathology, we are always searching for talented, dedicated, and ambitious individuals who are eager to be part of our motivated team and contribute to our goals and achievements. To apply for a position at our company please fill out the application below, attach a resume and submit.
Histology Technician, Full Time
Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Shift: Day Shift
SUMMARY: To perform all routine and special technical procedures.
- Process, embed, cut, and stain specimens.
- Perform IHC and special stains.
- Cut and stain frozen sections.
- File slides as needed.
- Coverslip and label slides.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 2 years experience.
PREFERRED: Certified Histological Technician ASCP.
If interested, please submit an application in the below
This position is responsible for gross dictation and gross examination of tissue specimens, functioning independently under the direction of a Pathologist.
- Support Tucson Pathology Associates mission, vision, goals and management decisions.
- Submit and dictate all surgical specimens for processing
- Larger specimens with emphasis in GI, GYN and breast specimens
- Prepare tissue to be sent out for further testing such as lymphoma phenotyping, quantitative iron studies, etc.
- Review procedure manuals and stay current with procedural changes that have occurred.
EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- Bachelor degree is required.
- ASCP or equivalent certification.
- Maintains appropriate continuing education for certification/licensure, and to increase basic knowledge.
- Successful completion of a formal pathologist assistant training program.
- Pathologist Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Two locations (Share responsibilities with one other pathologist assistant)
- St Joseph’s Hospital and Tucson Pathology Associates (private lab)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- With potential for occasionally Saturday, stat cases (breast cases to adhere to ASCO guidelines)
- 8 hour shift
Tucson is a medium sized city of less than a million residents. There are innumerable outdoor activities with sunshine that allows you to make the most of your time off. Tucson also has a diverse population with many multi-cultural activities year-round. A low cost of living, without a lower standard of life, make this an attractive city for old and young alike.